Hands on the Top Rated Betting Website in the UK
We compare online sportsbooks offers, lines, and promotions so you don’t have to while away countless hours doing so. On the site, you will find the best ongoing offerings and reviews of the major UK bookmakers. Both amateur and professional punters have their fair share of challenges when online betting sites are concerned.
We have guides outlining the toeholds for both beginners and professionals, coupled with detailed individual reviews. Because customer gratification is of utmost importance, we meet the high criteria by providing proof of concept-only methods and tips.
Find the most frequently asked questions answered in our FAQ section and keep up with what’s trending in online gambling. Join us on a mission to help you find common ground with the bookies.
How to Choose the Right Sports Betting Site for You?
The online gambling sector is bursting with different offerings and markets, especially for newbies. There is no rule of thumb as to how to find your perfect match because everyone has their subjective taste. What is also true, however, is that our expert opinion will help you better understand the intricacies of online betting. Somewhere along the lines of the following criteria lies the perfect sports betting site for you.
- The first thing to consider is reputation. The Internet got dotted with online sportsbooks, but only the reputable ones are coming to stay. The word spreads fast online and it’s worth digging up information for a bookie before you commit to it. Having a flutter with little-known betting websites can put a serious dent in your wallet.
- Looks are secondary to performance. However well and engaging it may look the interface ought to help you make money. A showy front view barraging with flashing lights is a cardinal sin and is not very user-friendly. Therefore you had better think about functionality rather than the visual experience.
- Security. All legal UK sports betting sites are extremely well trusted due to the ongoing strict regulation. Even ground-based casinos and sportsbooks have a hard time obtaining a license for online betting as well as the betting software falls into another category of mandatory licenses.
- Consider the deposit methods. Let’s say you settled on a particular sports betting site, which generally complies with your taste, but it doesn’t accept your payment method of choice. For the most part, the major European firms cover debit/credit cards, bank transfer, and eWallet users.
- Find a website with up to date odds and promotion structure. Finders keepers – losers weepers. It’s not a sin to register with multiple sportsbooks and compare their offers. If a bookie does not offer competitive odds is it worth to go halves with them?
- Adequate customer service is a must. Ideally, you would want a toll free hotline for technical issues, online chat with experts ready to heed the call, and a designated FAQ section to shed light on the sticky issues.
It’s important to choose a betting strategy for the sake of a successful winning streak. Make sure to adapt it and constantly be on the ball for novelties or changes. Do yourself justice and set easy to follow and feasible goals while reading.
Legal Concerns Quintessential for Sports Betting
The gambling industry in the UK as of now is well regulated and nearly all forms of online gambling are legal. The Gambling Commission rose to power under the terms of the Gambling Act of 2005. It took over the responsibility of maintaining online gambling as well as the National Lottery fair and transparent. In keeping with that first thing is to check if the organization you plan to wager with is displaying a British Gambling Commission licensed status.
The Gambling Commission stamp of approval can usually be found in the footer section if missing however, chances are the bookie is at odds with the law or is not UK based. The banner itself must link directly to the public license register of the commission. Make sure the details on the license double those of the public license register. All UK residents above the age of 18 are welcome to gamble online safely.
Bear in mind that the British Gambling Commission can’t resolve consumer complaints or get your money back, it solely ensures that legal operators have procedures for handling those.
Get off the Beaten Track with Variety of Betting Markets
Not being limited in terms of choosing what to put your money on, in turn, can give you an edge. Even the odds scraping software is not inerrant and you can usually happen upon a fair deal at the out-of-the-way leagues. If the fancy seizes you and traditional isn’t going to cut it for you, prop bets rise up on the occasion. Prop betting gives the bettor an opportunity to choose from a multitude of desultory betting lines such as who is going to receive yellow card first or if a horse is going to trip over through the course of a race. With the sharp rise of the eSports industry, bookies have all the big gaming leagues covered, so that hardcore gamers could join in on the fun in a heartbeat.
By and large, the best online bookmakers should cater for the Premier League, UEFA Champions league, horse and greyhound racing, ATP and WTA matches, boxing, rugby, darts and snooker, while NBA, NFL, NHL are a must for the American public. On the more exotic side, you should be able to find sports like badminton, futsal, and handball. It’s of crucial importance to choose a sport and lines you’re comfortable with.
Football Pools is a form of betting pools inspired by lotteries where the winning conditions are “simply” to predict the outcome of the weekly fixtures in the Premier League. All participants pay a fairly small tax with the promise to win big. Formerly the entries were made on paper but now mainly online.
Some sportsbooks gladly promote their casinos by packing a lot of casino credits along with their sports betting bonuses. Normally, you should be able to access both the casino and sports fixtures through one account but juggle two separate bankrolls for each. Regardless of what your favourite game is you’re sure to find it, the best online casinos can satisfy even the most pretentious of tastes.
The more conservative punters can ease into the online casino dynamics through Live Casino games. Those games take place in a real-world casino while broadcasted via video streaming. You can choose to sit in or out at any time and the dealers are very nice and address you personally. This phenomenon is gaining popularity quickly for its authenticity.
eSports – a New Dimension for Betting
Electronic sports betting is a brand new niche for online bookies to expand on, but you are sure to find the best picks of the cyber action on the top betting sites, whether it be Dota 2, League of Legends or CS:GO, or even World of Tanks. If you’re not convinced that marriage between eSports and online betting is possible, ask the professional gambler Bertrand Grospellier (ElkY), a former Starcraft player who turned his gaming knowledge into a successful gambling career.
Competitive gaming offers elaborate mechanics that can, in turn, be exploited by the experienced players to turn a profit. It is therefore needless to say, that in a binary world such as eSports, knowledge of the mechanics and play styles should be your focal point. This new sports betting market is, however, not equally appraised by all bookies so be careful not to fall victim to shortened odds.
Bonuses and Promotions Are the Essence of Sports Betting
Simply put, deposit bonuses are designed to let you breeze in online betting without having to invest too much. A hefty bonus will provide the incentive that gives you enough skin in the game to kick-start your gamble. So much with the “easy” part. You should be well up in the bookmaker’s niche for the sake of choosing the right start-up bonus. So it’s worth sitting back for a while and pondering your next move.
Betting bonuses come in all shapes and sizes. Ranging from doubling your initial deposit to free (but contingent) bets, the best in the business know how to deliver the goods. We break down all you need to know about the different bonus schemes, terms and conditions in our bonus page.
Sports Betting Bonus Amounts What to Expect?
As mentioned above, sportsbooks are more likely to offer their best deal for first-time depositors. In terms of amount in second place come reload bonuses. Free plays or free bets and No Deposits rank at third and fourth respectively. As with promotions, it’s really hard to determine what value you can get because this is where the best online bookies get really creative. For a detailed insight on the matter read our expert relies on some of the best online sportsbooks.
Mobile Apps Will Raise Your Game in Sports Betting
If nowadays we use mobile applications of all sorts why not go the extra mile in sports betting and connect your account to your cellie. An application provides ease of access, stellar security (due to Android OS being open source and iOS’ out of this world core architecture) and last but not least – coherent, user-friendly interface.
Mobile sits beautifully with live betting and the Cash Out feature, giving you the power to “get a grip” on your gamble. The challenge currently is centered around Windows Phone and BlackBerry users, their choices are few and far between. However, the household names usually deliver a very potent mobile version of their main website.
From time to time disillusioned players complain about slight navigation issues, for instance, the number of touches needed to access the desired markets or if there’s too much horizontal scrolling required. A major functionality flaw in some mobile applications is the absence of a cashier, along with sparse betting lines.
Live Betting Shores up Online Wagering to a Whole New Level
Introduced more than a decade ago, Live Betting or In-Play betting revolutionized the sports betting industry, Ante posts or future betting are now quaint, punters worldwide recognize live betting as much more transparent and convenient. The way it works is fairly simple – the table of odds is constantly updating its figures throughout the course of a game depending on which side has the upper hand at the moment. As the balance of powers shifts, so do the odds. If you need something extra to become a believer wait for your favourite to score and back them up. Or why not have a bet with friends while watching the game at a local pub.
|Rank||Bookie||Bonus||Live Bets||CashOut||Rating||Details||Visit Site|
|4.||Betfair Review||Up to £100||yes||yes||Review||Play Now|
|5.||bet365 Review||UP TO £100 IN BET CREDITS*||yes||yes||Review||Play Now|
|* New Customers only. Up to £100 in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.|
|6.||Unibet Review||£30 WELCOME OFFER||yes||yes||Review||Play Now|
|7.||Royal Panda Review||£20 WELCOME OFFER||yes||yes||Review||Play Now|
|8.||William Hill Review||£30 WELCOME OFFER||yes||yes||Review||Play Now|
|9.||Paddy Power Review||£10 Risk Free First Bet||yes||yes||Review||Play Now|
Seeing Is Believing – Watch Live Sports While Betting Online
There was a time when finding a decent stream online of particular sporting events was a real struggle. Punters worldwide were forced to stay in the dark, without so much as a means to follow their favourites live. Now live stream betting is the name of the game and is being the norm for pretty much all top bookies online. It’s easy to curl up and join in the action with just a click of a button. In order to unlock the live streaming service, some sportsbooks require that you fund your account, while some will let punters tune in after they make a registration.
Online bookies’ live streams are not a mere substitution for televised sports or other online sports streaming websites. They provide you with constantly updating odds, functionality for placing bets at any given time, and detailed statistics and graphs for the savvy punters. The key point is that it’s easy to make an informed and timely decision based on what one sees. Computer users with a reliable Internet connection should not have any problems to indulge in a high definition sports experience. But what about racing? Pretty much every event on the wagering list is covered live. Find a list of the best sports betting sites providing live streaming and an at length reviews in the respective section.
Tilt the Odds in Your Favour
In sports where draw is always a possibility, mathematically odds will be evaluated beforehand to 33% for each of the three possible outcomes – win for the home or away team and draw. If dodging bullets is not your thing – start with 1 on 1 sports like boxing, snooker or tennis where from a statistical standpoint of view the chances of staking a winning bet are 50%. Reducing the possible outcomes to a single binary decision could be the deciding factor that will get you on the right track. For a complete set of tips pay a visit to our betting guide page.
When the Human Factor Comes into Play
What is the human factor? It’s hard to get an insight on certain club’s politics, the motivation level of all the players in a team, let alone to determine whether or not one of them is experiencing a change of heart. Lots of punters have learned to their cost how the lavish lifestyle of the bad boys of football can ruin their team’s performance.
However, there is an even darker side of the “human factor” which contravenes with fair play but is a very present danger for the shrewd punters to tackle with. That’s indeed match-fixing, while it’s possible at all levels of competitive sports, some individual sports players are infamous for their misdeeds. i.e. snooker player Stephen Lee who was upset with 12 years ban from professional snooker.
Move Your Money However You Like with a Multitude of Payment Methods
- Fast Bank Transfer
- Bank Wire
- Most online betting sites usually offer great bonuses to stimulate users to use Bitcoin instead of banking methods.
- Transaction speed depends on the number of confirmations required to be made by the blockchain. In any case, it is said for small and medium movements to be almost instantaneous.
- As a side effect of cryptocurrencies, in particular, bitcoin, players now can bypass gambling regulations and benefit from significantly lower entry barriers for their first deposit.
- One of the biggest concerns for bitcoin users is its price fluctuations. The history of bitcoin keeps records of a few detrimental market crashes.
Security Reigns Supreme in the Top Online Betting Sites
Your personal information and credit card details must remain strictly confidential at all times. Moreover keeping up to date in the security department is their number one priority because unchecked security issues can bring down an entire company. What really puts the big names head and shoulders above the rest is they can afford to spend millions on upgrading the security features of their service.
What Is Two Step Verification?
The best online sportsbooks use Google 2-Step Verification, or other two-step secure login methods, as an extra safety measure for their customers. It is vital for users who surf the Internet unaware of dangers as malicious software, emails, that can compromise the data on one’s device.
How this works is, after you enter your password a piece of security information will be sent to your email or phone. Only by entering that second security code will you be logged in. In order to set up two-step verification, you need to specify an email address, phone number or authenticator app for the second part of the verification to take place.
Why Do You Need Encryption?
Cryptography is a means of encoding pieces or block of information so that only the authorized parties can decode it. Complex encryption algorithms make the blocks of information chunky and may compromise the operation speed of some websites, but it’s better safe than sorry isn’t it?
The RSA algorithm for traditional SSL/TLS encryption is now the norm with the best first-time depositors. In case you want to check an online betting site’s security certificate take a look at the left-hand side corner or double check if the URL starts with “https”.
Can Bookies Ask for Your ID?
Not only do they can, but they are obligated under the terms of the UK gambling law to do so. Contrary to the common speculations, the reasoning behind this procedure is pretty straightforward, all UK bookmakers need to make sure they are dealing with customers meeting the following criteria:
– Over 18 years of age
– Who hasn’t self-excluded from gambling
– Gambling is allowed in your country of residence
– Legitimate ID documents – clear proof of identity
The latter has a lot to do with particular criminal schemes for money laundering. This is not the only challenge that the biggest online bookies have to face, some punters who have self-excluded from gambling would stow away under a fake identity. In the unlikely event of suspecting you in one of the two activities described above, the firm is highly likely to demand copies of other documents proving who you are.
Going around the rules is illegal and although deposits are always welcome, given that you have funded an account, the company has 72 hours to verify you’re an adult with the intention of freezing your account if unable to do so. The bookmaker will then return your initial deposit but collect all winnings.
Advanced Guide and Tips
This section we’ve designated for what’s trending in the sports betting world, as well as unorthodox methods, appreciated by the experienced punters. Get a sneak peek at the new technologies and betting strategies that have a proof of concept.
When executed the right way, a betting system can bring and extra buzz factor. They aim at minimizing risk while extracting maximum value, which is in broad strokes, what makes having a flutter a profitable activity. If you haven’t settled on a system yet, here are a few worthwhile candidates.
- Omni-channel BettingThe omni-channel concept takes the idea of ease of access one step further by bringing to the table a seamless, single account experience across all channels. The result of that is a win-win situation for both operators and customers, because of the facility for use, on users’ end, and the immediate insight on their behaviour, driving revenues, on operators’ end. There are a number of platforms out there with innate A.I. that studies player’s behaviour in order to update their selection of products/games only with the best fits for them.
- Artificial Intelligence in Sports BettingComputers have long since been used for computing odds and the creation of sophisticated statistics. In present days, supercomputers are an invariable part of every global market. The sports betting market is no different. The best online bookmakers use high-end odds scraping software to keep their business in line. As for the regular punter, they more often than not stick to their own guns in terms of decision-making. Bumping heads with AI puts the unaware player in a position of disadvantage. For those willing to upgrade, there are a number of ways to even the odds against the house.
- Neural Networks Driven AITraditional AI implements neural networks, combined with advanced algorithms that allow the unit to learn as it monitors the action and help it recognize behavioural patterns. This is especially useful in sports because the action obeys certain rules, which in terms narrows down the possibilities even more. There are sites that claim to use neural networks to make predictions on sport events, which are available for subscribers at the cost of a monthly fee.
- Collective Mind AIUNANIMOUS A.I. is a technology that implements the credo “two heads are better than one”, by joining the collective expertise and knowledge of groups of people (a.k.a swarms), their collective brainpower is then used to make predictions. This one of a kind approach proves to be very effective and provides Internet users regularly with a number of solid predictions to choose from.
- Sports Betting TournamentsBetting tournaments are yet another alternative to football pools. They are the perfect choice for players living the frugal lifestyle. The entry fees start very low and the experience is well worth it, especially for punters in the very beginning of their learning curve. Every participant in the tourney is given a virtual bankroll to wager with however they like, and at the end, the player with the most in winnings is declared tournament winner.
The list of events that tournaments are run on includes nearly all sports betting markets. It’s easy to customize it to your liking as to focus on a single event or a whole weekend’s worth of fixtures. Very much like the online poker tournaments players are allowed to Re-buy and thus remain on-track to get in the money. All in all, betting tournaments will keep you engaged for a long period of time at a minute cost.
- The Sports Betting CommunityIf you’re seriously thinking about turning your gambling passion into a profitable source of income, why not surround yourself with the best in the trade? Like in other communities the gambler’s one consists of closely-knit members, ready to exchange their hard-earned experience. Be it social media or forums, it’s easy and rewarding to join.
Most of the time you’re likely to find in-house betting competitions, a rank list of the members and how well they fare, earn badges and a lot more to tickle your fancy. Days we dry off Invariably come, but don’t despair, the fellows got your back. Simply reel through the different topics and posts and you’re sure to find something tangible to work with. Friendly competition is not just a means of entertainment, but also will fuel your passion for sports betting as you chase your claim to fame predictions.
What You Need to Know before You Start
The next step is getting to know your interface. You have to make the most out of it, so take the time to study. Sure enough with heavily built UI, advantages are offset against the disadvantages. Do you know all the buttons and how they function? Nasty ribbon menus encroach on your personal space? By all means, don’t hesitate to seek help. As with all top sports betting websites legalized by the UK Gambling Commission a diligent customer service team is standing by and ready to walk you through anything you may find difficult to cope with.
Although there are no hard-and-fast rules of success when it comes to sports betting, we should be able to help you zero in on that win with the following tips.
- All top-ranked sports betting websites will want to keep their customers informed with meticulous reviews and statistic for the nerds. Don’t do yourself a disservice with an “on the spur of the moment” verdict. Also, abstain from judging on grounds of what you’ve heard, muster up enough information beforehand.
- Research the different markets and odds that might be on offer. Even the slightest of difference in the numbers can amount to a considerable profit at the end of the day.
- Gambling is a drug that gives an on command adrenaline shot and it’s highly addictive, although no one will own up to it. Splashing on recklessly is by no means what responsible betting is all about. If you couldn’t gather this much as of now, maybe you should reconsider your betting strategy. The best of the best bookies will live up to their reputation and go as far as to give you free advice on how to govern your bankroll, so be sure to check on those as well.
All things considered, be it a hobby or profession, sports betting should be regarded as a form of gambling, not entertainment. Therefore you should do a thorough research using our website before you get started. We update the content regularly and have many more strategies and tips in store for the future.